Collaborative Learners for Visionary Leadership
Project leader and coordinator: UC Syd.
Project partners: Anadolu University (Turkey), Šolaza Ravnatelje, National School of Leadership (Slovenia) Kingston University, School of Education, Anglia Ruskin University (Great Britain), Windesheim University (Netherlands), Fachhochschule Flensburg, Flensburg University of Applied Sciences (Germany).
Objectives of the Collier project
- enhance the quality of school leadership in schools in participating countries
- create a learning community of school leaders and facilitators
- provide a blended collaborative learning environment with participants meeting both face-to-fgace and online
School leaders from various countries academic staff in participating institutions.
Formation of a community of school leaders and facilitators with the school leaders being involved in programme development to ensure its relevance.
The development of collaborative on-line learning skills by means of an appropriate and designated web platform. Teaching and learning will focus on the use of action research in enhancing the quality of education. The web platform will allow school leaders to participate in the international communities where their action research projects will be informed by peer review. Pre-determined content will be kept to a minimum. Emphasis will be on project design, research methods and access to relevant literature.
- a web platform common to all participants and the development of online learning
- membership of an international community of practice for both school leaders and facilitators
- a body of school leaders skilled in action research case studies highlighting best practice and visionary leadership